Project Update as of 4/20/18: The project is on hold due to the weather. Work is anticipated to start in May.
Beginning in mid-June 2017, the Ada County Highway District will begin work on several Ada County roads. This annual pavement maintenance program involves cleaning the surface of the existing asphalt, then applying a fast-drying asphalt-based sealant.
The following road segments are included in the program:
- Main Street, King Street to Fairview Avenue
- Washington Street, Meridian Road to Main Street
- Carlton Avenue, Meridian Road to Main Street
- State Street, Meridian Road to Main Street
- Broadway Avenue, Meridian Road to Main Street
- Idaho Avenue, Meridian Road to Main Street
- 13th Street, Main Street to State Street
- 14th Street, Front Street to State Street
- Bannock Street, 9th Street to 15th Street
Each road segment will be closed during the night for this process, and then re-opened in the early morning for traffic. Parking will not be allowed on the segments receiving this sealcoat during the cleaning and application process.