Construction includes replacing asphalt pavement and improving adjacent pedestrian ramps as needed. Some areas have been identified as needing a slightly more extensive amount of maintenance repair. Asphalt in these areas will be removed, then a portion of the base material will be removed and replaced, followed by the placement of new asphalt pavement. The following street segments will be included in this project:
Construction update as of 6/15/18: The contractor has 150 working days to complete the contract.
- 3rd Street, Myrtle to Front Street and Jefferson Street to Fort Street
- 4th Street, State Street to Washington Street
- 11th Street, Myrtle Street to Front Street and Main Street to Bannock Street
- Amity Road, Production Street to Market Street: The asphalt test strip placed on May 9th passed. Milling was completed May 12th. Paving was completed May 21st. Remaining work includes manhole adjustments and striping.
- Cherry Lane, Ten Mile Road to Meridian Road
- Collister Drive, Hill Road to Quail Ridge Drive: Concrete work is complete. Milling and paving is delayed until after the Fourth of July holiday due to the contractor's schedule.
- Curtis Road, Morris Hill Road to the south off-ramp of Interstate I-84: Work will be delayed until ITD's bridge rehabilitation project on Emerald is complete.
- Harrison Boulevard, Hays Street to Hill Road: Concrete work started April 23rd and is on-going. Pipe work is complete.
- Irene Street, N. 33rd Street to N. 28th Street and N. 26th Street to Harrison Boulevard: Concrete work is complete.
- Rose Hill Street, Roosevelt Street to Vista Avenue
- Seamans Gulch Road, Hill Road Parkway to the Ada County Landfill entrance
- Sycamore Drive, State Street to Taft Street: Concrete work is complete.
- Taft Street, N. 32nd Street to N. 28th Street: Pipe work is complete.
Road Closures: Beginning May 14th, pipe work will require the following road segments to be closed. During this time alternative routes will be signed and access to residents and emergency service vehicles will be maintained. Signs providing advance notice were placed on May 7th.
- Taft Street, from 32nd Street to Treasure Drive-- this work is expected to take a week
- Resseguie Street and Bella Street, near Harrison Boulevard-- this work is expected to take 2 days
- Start Date:
- Spring 2018
- End Date:
- Late Fall 2018